Hey guys! So for today’s recipe, I wanted to share something healthy for fall. However, these pinwheels are great for all year round, because they aren’t too heavy (like winter foods) and they aren’t extremely refreshing either (like summer foods). They’re also a great way to use leftover chicken and also make a delicious lunch. I found this recipe in “Giada’s Feel Good Food”, a healthy recipe book written by famous chef Giada de Laurentiis. I absolutely adore this book because it provides me with endless delicious and hardy meals, desserts, and my personal favorite, snacks! I hope all of check out this great book and enjoy this recipe! xoxo,
- ½ cup (4 oz) mascarpone cheese, at room tempature
- ¼ cup whole-grain mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- Grated zest of 1 large lemon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ packed cups arugula, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cooked or grilled skinless chicken breast
- 2 (9 x 12-inch) whole-wheat lavish breads
In a medium bowl, mix together the mascarpone, mustard, honey, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Stir in the chicken and arugula.
Divide the chicken mixture between the breads and spread it over the breads, leaving a ½ inch border. Starting at the longest edge, tightly roll up each bread like a jelly roll. Using a serrated knife, cut each roll into 8 pieces and serve!